Tuesday 11 June 2013

Summer Skin Prepping

>

After a long, long winter I'm on a mission to banish my fuzzy white pins and whip them into shape for my upcoming holiday. Admittedly my legs don't see the light of day all that often, living in the less than sunny English climate has meant I'm almost permanently covered up. However in a bid to get them summer ready I'm pulling out all the stops.

Firstly dry body brushing everyday before I shower ensures an increase of blood circulation and keeps skin smooth. Brushing the whole body towards the heart also gets lymph moving, draining any toxins helping to tone the skin. Admitedly when it comes to body scrubs I can be a little lazy but when I do make the effort to scrub down, the difference in my skin is amazing. The Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub has been a constant in my life for years. It leaves a layer of oil on the skin so it's absolutely ideal for dry skin, really getting rid of any dead skin and hydrating at the same time. Because it's oil based its not ideal before tanning so do this the day before. A new discovery of mine is Soap and Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter, I love the smell of this, and the texture is lovely and rich but sinks into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. Perfect for everyday use.

Lastly to take care of my pasty winter skin is the Xen Tan Dark Lotion. This is a lovely olive colour with no hint of orange. The key to perfect application is to use a tanning mit. Prevents orange palms and keeps the tan streak-free and even finished.

What are you using to get summer ready?

1 comment: